I have definitely been in catch-up mode this past month. In addition to falling behind with all of my reading, I actually let my Clarkesworld subscription lapse! Once I took care of that oversight I’ve been spending time bringing myself up to speed with the latest issues.
Now the question is whether or not I’ll be able to meet my goals of reading 52 books and 200 short stories this year. I suspect that I’ll be sneaking in an anthology or two before the year is out in an effort to maximize my reading efficiency!
I read the first two stories of this issue back in April and finished it in August.
- Water in Springtime by Kali Wallace (8/11/14)
- The Cuckoo by Sean Williams (8/11/14)
- Going After Bobo by Susan Palwick (8/11/14)
- Shining Armor by Dominic Green (8/11/14)
- The Meeker and the All-Seeing Eye by Matthew Kressel (8/12/14)
- A Gift in Time by Maggie Clark (8/12/14)
- Migratory Patterns of Underground Birds by E. Catherine Tobler (8/12/14)
- Night of the Cooters by Howard Waldrop (8/13/14)
- Beluthahatchie by Andy Duncan (8/13/14)
- wHole by Robert Reed (8/14/14)
- Pepe by Tang Fei (8/14/14)
- Communion by Mary Anne Mohanraj (8/15/14)
- Lambing Season by Molly Gloss (8/18/14)
- Have Not Have by Geoff Ryman (8/19/14)
- The Contemporary Foxwife by Yoon Ha Lee (8/19/14)
- Stone Hunger by N. K. Jemisin (8/22/14)
- Soul’s Bargain by Juliette Wade (8/22/14)
- The Halfway House at the Heart of Darkness by William Browning Spencer (8/22/14)
- Gold Mountain by Chris Roberson (8/22/14)
- Five Stages of Grief After the Alien Invasion by Caroline M. Yoachim (8/30/14)
- Bonfires in Anacostia by Joseph Tomaras (8/30/14)
- The Saint of the Sidewalks by Kat Howard (8/30/14)
- The Rose Witch by James Patrick Kelly (8/30/14)
- Seven Years from Home by Naomi Novik (8/31/14)
- Nevermore by Ian R. MacLeod (8/31/14)
That’s it for August’s short fiction. I’m looking forward to reading much more in September!